Glimpses of Holy Angels’ History
Holy Angels’ had its humble beginning in St. Thomas Convent, Mylapore. In 1888 St. Antony’s school was run by the Parish Priest for the education of Anglo Indian children. In 1897 the F.M.Ms took charge of it and it came to be called as St. Thomas European School. In 1909 the name “Holy Angels” was given to the boarding house for the Anglo Indian children. In 1934 Bishop Carvalho laid the foundation for a new building in Mambalam. In June 1934 Our Lady’s Kindergarten was opened. On 2nd July 1935 Holy Angles’ was placed in a magnificent new building. Thanks to the pioneering and untiring efforts of Mother Klemens, the School was recognized in 1937 as High Court, Law College and A.P.R. Headquarters. From 1966 Holy Angels’ was affiliated to ISC and in 1975 ICSE was introduced. Higher Secondary was introduced in 1984. The school has celebrated its Platinum Jubilee in the year 2009-2010 with Dr.A.P.J. Abdul Kalam , our former President of India as the Chief-guest. This Institution has grown from strength to strength, from a few hundreds to 2,100 students, catering to the educational needs of girls of every strata of our society.